Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Offer for Iran and their nuclear activities.



Six countries including the United States, Russia, and France, have issued a new offer for Iran and their nuclear enrichment program. These six countries approached the European Union and offered to sit down with Iran and engage in peaceful and diplomatic talks that promote mutual respect for eachother. These countries suspect that the Iranian nuclear program was not intended to create nuclear power for civillian use but instead create nuclear weapons. Iran still reaffirms their position by saying that the nuclear programs are not to create nuclear weapons.

7 comments:

  1. I believe that Iran is using their nuclear program for nuclear weapons. There is no way that they are using it for peaceful issues such as lamps. That is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me I would have to say that the Iranian government can be using the nuclear power as a means of civilian use only to cover up what they are really trying to do. For thousands of years that land has been in conflict with neighboring nations. And now that they have the potential to have the upper hand on their enemies they will jump at the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Brendan cause Iran is a country that should not be trusted. In addition should be constantly watched very closely. That nuclear programs is for new destructive weapons, this program that there saying is to just keep the US, Russia, and France off their back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Brenden and Brandon in that Iran's nuclear program is most likely for the creation of nuclear weapons against other nations rather than civilian purposes. If they need to protect their civilians there are alot of other ways rather than having nuclear power. They are just asking for a war by having such great nucler power. And by saying it's for civilian purposes they are throwing everyone off, and when they least expect it they will fire their "civilian purposes" weapons at them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe the U.S should not trust anyone at this point,especially Iran. Nuclear program just sounds sneaky in my opinion. The U.S. needs to keep a eye out for this program. I have a feeling this won't be the last time we hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just because they have turbans does not mean they have nuclear weapons. Even though it is likely they are making nukes, we can't assume that. I think it is a good idea to sit down and talk peace for once.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in agreement with Alex, but would also like to add that Keeley did not seem to express his own opinion here but simply expressed that we suspect them of using nuclear program to create weapons. It also does not say what the new proposal is.

    ReplyDelete